The historic region of Imereti in western Georgia in the region of the legendary Golden Fleece – this is where the long quest for the Golden Fleece took Jason and the Argonauts. The total area of Imereti Caves Protected Areas amounts to 504.6 ha and includes Sataplia Nature Reserve (330 ha), Sataplia Managed Reserve (34 ha), Prometheus Cave Natural Monuments (46.6 ha) and 17 Natural Monuments.
– Exploring the old part of Tbilisi
– Visiting Sataplia Nature Reserve / the star featuring of the 3.3-SQ-KM reserve, 9KM northwest of Kutaisi are a couple of dozen 120-million-years-old, fossilized dinosaur footprints
– Visiting the cave of Prometheus – one of Georgia’s Natural Wonders providing visitors with breathtaking examples of stalactites, stalagmites, curtains, petrified waterfalls, cave pearls, underground rivers, and lakes
– Visiting Okatse Canyon
– Visiting the Katskhi Pillar – a vertically erected rocky mass has arisen ad result of tectonic shifts one of the most wonderful places in the beautiful region of Imereti
– Visiting Gelati Monastery and Bagrati cathedral which is both UNESCO World Heritage Sites