This is an outstanding itinerary, capturing the best of Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Armenia, favorite regions for a cultural adventure. Taking you from the shores of the Caspian Sea and the splendid history of Baku, through the pretty wine fields of Kakheti, Georgia, and up to the spectacular High Caucasus mountains, you will be following in the footsteps of Silk Road traders, Crusader Knights, and Ottoman Princes.
This region, lying at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, is packed with the Myth of the Golden Fleece, stunning scenery and warm and hospitable people. It also, amazingly, remains relatively unknown even so many experienced travelers and this is the perfect summer trip for those wanting a diverse experience in an often-overlooked part of our world.
– Explore the old city of Baku
– Wine tasting in Kakheti region
– Visiting Uplistsikhe – the ancient cave town
– Drive the Georgian military highway through the Caucasus mountains
– Tatev Monastery – it can be reached by the ropeway, which is the longest in the world (5,7 km) and registered in the Guinness book of world records